The full Comprehensive Plan document, individual chapters, and other resources are available here for you to download and read.
- Full Comprehensive Plan
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Forward SGF Vision
- Chapter 3: Community Profile
- Chapter 4: Community Outreach
- Chapter 5: Land Use & Development
- Chapter 6: Growth Areas & Annexation
- Chapter 7: Housing & Neighborhoods
- Chapter 8: Economic Development
- Chapter 9: Transportation & Mobility
- Chapter 10: Infrastructure & Community Facilities
- Chapter 11: Parks, Greenways & Natural Resources
- Chapter 12: Subarea Plans
- Chapter 13: Downtown Plan
- Chapter 14: Commercial Street
- Chapter 15: Implementation
In addition to the Forward SGF Comprehensive Plan, the following supporting policy and plans have been adopted as elements of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Airport Master Plan – August 2012
- OTC Master Plan – May 2010
- College Street Corridor Plan – Aug 2012
- Grant Avenue Parkway Corridor Plan – March 2021
- Historic Preservation Element – July 2022
- IDEA Commons Plan – Oct 4 2010
- Jordan Valley Concept Plan – Sept 2005
- JV Concept Plan Graphic – March 2015
- Midtown Neighborhood Plan – April 2001
- Phelps Grove Neighborhood Plan – April 2019
- Rountree Neighborhood Plan – Nov 2018
- SGF Art Museum Master Plan – May 2018
- Southeast Springfield Development Study – Nov 2022
- Springfield-Greene County Parks and Recreation Master Plan – May 2021
- West Central Neighborhood Strategic Plan – May 1998
- West Sunshine Corridor Study – March 2009
The downloadable resources below are from various public outreach events.
Includes the community input received on outreach boards from the Forward SGF Kick-off event held on August 20, 2019.
Results from the Mad Lib circulated at the Forward SGF Kick-off Event on August 20, 2019. Attendees were asked to answer in one word, what they liked most about Springfield.
This is the word cloud that was generated at the Forward SGF Kick-off Event held on August 20, 2019. Attendees were asked to answer in one word, what they liked most about Springfield.
Community & Visioning Workshops
Includes all maps made by participants at the first Forward SGF Visioning Workshop, January 28, 2020.
Includes all maps made by participants at the second Forward SGF Visioning Workshop, January 29, 2020.
Includes all maps made by participants at the third Forward SGF Visioning Workshop, January 29, 2020.
Summary of input received on postcards submitted by members of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce who attended the Good Morning, Springfield! event on September 5, 2019.
Summaries of all in-person workshops conducted in 2019 as part of outreach.